Wednesday 29 August 2012

The road to weight loss is a rocky one...

So this week I knew I was going to be in the vicinity of a certain gourmet deli that sells certain yummy goodies. I don't often go to said place but I dream of their cakes. You know me and cake... :-)

SO I planned to go and buy one of their heavenly baked offerings, pre planned the PPs allocated it as a weekly treat, in place of a couple of glasses of wine. All good. Moderation is the key, denial is a river in Egypt and so on.

Um... what I didn't plan on, was spotting the rocky road they also sell and have been dreaming about for about 2 years since I moved away from there and haven't found a match for anywhere else. And I have tried. Believe me.

So... I placed my preplanned, PP accounted for cake in the basket and walked past the rocky road, looking longingly over my shoulder. I reached the cashier feeling very smug and proud of myself.
"Maybe next time," I told me. Took a deep breath and fished about in my handbag for my purse. And then it happened....
"But there may not be a next time" said inner fatty boombah Rachel. "And it is oh so yummy"
"NO! I am supposed to be being good" I replied
"You can get it today and save it for next week's treat," IFBR pipes up.
"No wahey!!" says I.

By now I was getting some rather stange looks from the cashier and a skinny lady wearing too much gold was tutting in the queue behind.
It wasn't as if I was having the conversation with myself out loud... I don't think..

Anyway, to cut a long and a bit mental story short, I removed myself from the queue, picked up a pack of RR and bought it.

GAH! What was I thinking?

Actually I know exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking,
"Mmm, rocky road,scoff, gobble gobble, slurp, nom nom nom"

And who in their right mind can argue with that?

But that is not the end of the story. Oh no. That would be plain boring.

When I got home, I decided to look up the PPs of said rocky road.


:-O






:-O




Have a guess.....








Nope











36PPs



Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh

(If you aren't familiar with Weight Watcher's ProPoints, my daily allocation is 26. Yes 26 FOR THE WHOLE DAY. And I would have to run for about 63 years to earn that many PPs.



Anyway, that works out as 6PPs per serving... which is actually only about an inch cubed.






There aint NO fecking wahey that sucker is passing my lips.

A) because I don't want to use 6PPs for a measly inch of delectable yumminess no matter how good and B) there would be no way on God's earth I would stop at one inch.


So now I am stuck with the packet of temptation in my cupboard.


And it is approaching the MOST dangerous of all times..... PMS time.....

I absolutely REFUSE to throw it away, being from the place it was, it cost about $100. I don't like anyone enough around here to give it to. My husband and children don't like it.



So my question to you dear friends is

What the feck am I going to do with it????

a) Bury it in the garden?
b) Tape it to my @rse as a permanent reminder of what will happen if I actually eat it?
c) Post it to Tatum Channing or Channing Tatum or whatever his name is as a token of my affection?
d) Scoff the lot and rollaround on the floor in agony as punishment for being such a weak willed numpty?

Actually please don't say d) because that will be all the excuse I need.

1 comment:

  1. Find a homeless person and give it to them - at least it will get eaten then.

    ReplyDelete